Tuesday 8 April 2014

Yes, I do have a turtle

Yes,

I have a turtle now. But here is the catch. It's not a sea-turtle. Yeah I know it's complicated. But he actually is a 'Southeast Asian Box Turtle'. Not tortoise. Why ? Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for that. It's just what it is.

Well, it's a funny story of how I end up with this guy. But to keep it short, I found him walking across in front of my family's house gate, and he's fast. He saw me and he ran to the side and fell into the drain. Good thing the drain is dry and the rest is history.


Here is a set of the lad's photo, before till after scrubbing. I learned a lot about chelonians too. About how their shell is called carapace, and their underside is called plastron. Too bad that I learned about that they can feel their shell as they have nerve endings and pores there after I gave him a scrubbing. But my OCD kicks right in when I found out under all those hardened layer of mud, they're full of moss.

But on the bright side, he's clean now. I've had him for almost a week now. He has started learning to trust human. He also love his back, well, shell rubbed and he definitely enjoy basking under the sun running all around the lawn.

I have yet to name him, I guess I'd be posting updates on the guy here. So, stay tuned.

Till then,
H